* jazzyhands *

|| ||

 

::24.4.03::

Yesterday will now be referred to as "The Day My Computer Blew Up". Yikes, just what an unemployed girl needs. I was at the supermarket when it happened. Got home to a nasty smell of burning. Andrew told me he was just playing his game, as usual, when smoke came billowing out of the PC. He turned it off and unplugged everything, smart boy.

I would hazard a guess and say the fan is fucked, and maybe the innards are fried as well. Not good. Not good at all. Luckily we had a backup plan, and are now using my sister's PC but I am beginning to realise just how much shit is on my old PC, passwords and links and documents. Also lucky is that all my writing is done on the reliable Imac so I still have access to it all.

You don't realise just how much you are addicted to something until it is gone. I spent the afternoon in a wretched state without internet access. I was comtemplating phoning up and begging for my old job back -- I'll work for internet access type thing, but got over that.

Anyway, tonight I am off to see the lovely Michael Franti, woohoo! Not to mention Paul Kelly, Tex and Dan Brodie. It should be a bumper night of musical fun.

Comments: Post a Comment



blog explosion || blogwise|| blogger || Blogarama ||