* jazzyhands *

|| ||

 

::4.11.03::

The cup day bbq was fun. I decided on the tulle and jewel encrusted hat. After some lovely cocktails and spectacular salads, I curled up for an itsy-bitsy nap. Tip for nappers: if you decided to curl up on your host's lounge room sofa mid cup day bbq, 3.00pm is not a good time to do it.

Post-race I managed to get a few zzzzs. I woke up feeling like I had been gargling broken glass. The sore throat has been coming and going for the past week or so but, even odder, today it was accompanied by a really intensified sense of smell.

Around this time they had reheated the barbie so the smell of cooking meat was overpowering. Imagine if you had been raised a vegetarian, not just a vegetarain but in a completely meat-free environment, and walked into a house where meat was being cooked. That is what the smell was like. Similarly, the smell of the ashtray (and I am a pretty heavy smoker so rarely notice the smell of cigarettes) was too much for me to handle. I have never had that happen before. It was very strange.

Comments: Post a Comment



blog explosion || blogwise|| blogger || Blogarama ||