* jazzyhands *

|| ||

 

::8.5.04:: old loves

I don't know if certain stars are in line or if it a winter nesting urge, but it seems lately old loves and old lovers keep coming back into my life.

Man #1: the man from last Saturday night. We saw each other a few times late last year then I called things off. He pushied me too hard to do things I didn't want to do. Recently he got back in touch with me. He has changed but, in many ways, is still the same. I feel unsure of him. He eludes me, the essence of him. When I try to read him I feel like I hit a stone wall. There is something in him that both entices and repulses me.

Man #2: we met just before Christmas and went out for drinks. I ran away from him. He apologised, said he drank too much the night we met because he was so nervous and would I give him another chance. We are going out to dinner tonight.

Man #3: the bastard, the subject of many man-hating rants. Last I heard, he said we would chat "real soon". That was two months ago. He was online last night. He wanted to talk. I was going to ignore him but decided that I didn't want him to think that he had upset me or that I cared in any way. I was curt. I answered his questions but didn't offer any information or ask him anything about himself.

Man #4: we met, drank too much, spend the night together. Chatted occasionally after that. He went away and now he is back. I really like him but we talk with the unease of people who slept together too soon. We dance around each other with uncertainty.

Life is far from boring at times.

Comments: Post a Comment



blog explosion || blogwise|| blogger || Blogarama ||