* jazzyhands *

|| ||

 

::3.3.05:: Sane

Because I've been feeling a bit down lately, I went to see the shrink today. We chatted a bit and, at the end of the session, he told me I had NO psychological problems. I am not depressed because I'm insane, I'm depressed because my life sucks. That's what he said, paraphrased a little.

Like Homer Simpson, I am sane. But without the wacky dude who thinks he's Michael Jackson. I was a little indignant. Both my sisters have need heaps of counselling at various stages and I had way more childhood trauma than either of them. I felt like yelling at the dude - check me out, I'm as insane as anyone - probe deeper, you are sure to find something. But, as he said, my problems are practical ones. Big enough to depress anyone. They aren't mental.

So, he's given me some places to check out that can provide the practical help. I tend not to trust these places. I've been through the system before. You front up and wait for a few hours to see someone to discuss your $Zillion monetary crisis and they make you fill out a mountain of forms so you can get a $0.30 contribution towards pay it off. Still I guess anything is better than nothing.

Everything else he told me was EXACTLY the same as the astrologer I went to see last year. Almost to the letter. Pity she didn't bulk bill.

ps. Maybe I should have told about the times my mother tied me to the piano leg and gave me enemas.

Comments:

 

no! really? no! (re: the ps. coz you ARE joking, right? right?!)

 

 

Maybe it's just that your shrink isn't trying to con you out of squillions by telling you your background is Oprah-worthy like your sisters' shrinks are? Take it as a compliment or good sign? And from one who knows, there are always going to be people out there with a worst past, see it as a good thing that the shrink doesn't register it on their "mental scarring" richter scale maybe?

 

 

Maybe it's just that your shrink isn't trying to con you out of squillions by telling you your background is Oprah-worthy like your sisters' shrinks are? Take it as a compliment or good sign? And from one who knows, there are always going to be people out there with a worst past, see it as a good thing that the shrink doesn't register it on their "mental scarring" richter scale maybe?

 

 

Hmm if someone in a profession which is known for being as bad as plumbers for trying to wring the most of a situation tells you things aren't all that bad, hey, take it as a good thing! :) Rather than being conned you got someone who is honest

 

Post a Comment



blog explosion || blogwise|| blogger || Blogarama ||