* jazzyhands *

|| ||

 

::27.5.05:: Metal City Meme

1. You're stuck inside Fahrenheit 451. Which book do you want to be?

The Great Gatsby. The soul of the jazz era. Beautiful, decadent and fleeting. Just like me. A life spent pursuing a lost dream. Just like mine.

2. Have you ever had a crush on a fictional character?

Suzie the bear from Hotel New Hampshire. The main character in every book by Haruki Murakami. David from Metal City.

I was going to say Heathcliff from Wuthering Heights but David would laugh at me.

3. The last book you bought was...?

Dance, Dance, Dance by Haruki Murakami. It rocked.

4. The last book you read was...?

Looking for Andrew McCarthy by Jenny Colgan. One of the funniest chick lit books I've ever read. I sat up all night chortling. Now my housemates think I'm psychotic and that's just the way I like it.

6. Five books you would take to a desert island...

I don't know what happened to #5... mmm, David, what's going on?

Well, if I was going to a dessert island, sorry desert island I would take something like the Dummy's Guide to Getting Off a Desert Island And Finding One With A Swim Up Pool Bar. That would be essential reading, I'd think. But, if that hasn't been written then I'd go for quantity over quality. Even the best books get boring after repeated reading. So how about:

1. The bible. Lots of reading in this and it is pretty funny in parts.
2. War and Peace. It does have some long winded and pretty boring bits in it but it would fill in the time.
3. Valley of the Dolls. At the moment I'm hopelessly addicted to trashy novels and this one is the trashiest of them all.
4. mmm... brains dead... will finish list later.

7. Who are you passing this stick on to and why?

I dunno. How reads this site anyway? If you do, quick put in dibs.

Comments:

 

I bags no, since my blog is cunting up ATM. Grr, I tell you, grr.

 

 

I already did this meme, so sorry, not I.

The Hotel New Hampshire has one of the weirdest plots ever, excluding anything by Haruki Murakami. Of his, I've only read The Wind-up Bird Chronicle, which is definitely way weirder.

 

Post a Comment



blog explosion || blogwise|| blogger || Blogarama ||